Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sorry I became one of those bloggers...

Sorry that I became one of those bloggers that start strong and then abandon the blog after a few sessions. It is hard to maintain a business and a family and the holiday season during an economic slowdown.

The holiday season was not great but not horrible. It was hard to pinpoint what customers wanted this year. Great holiday merchandise went unsold until it was marked down after Christmas. Going to market was hard, because I did not see anything "new and different" for this Christmas. Maybe I will see the next big thing at the July market.

The Atlanta Market was last weekend and held great promise. My daughter, who just turned 12 was finally able to go, so my husband, Jim, and I had a great time watching her take everything in. She was great at looking for new ideas and merchandise. We saw some great product that I cannot wait to bring into the store and website.

Keep in touch and I will try to keep in touch. This season I am working on tweaking my website and trying to link it to other websites for more exposure. Always looking for good ideas if you have any.
www.accentsmarketplace.com
Happy Shopping, Karen

No comments: